In “Meet, Share, Write” we publicize ways open adoption bloggers (and readers) can meet up, learn, and offer their own knowledge and experience beyond the blogging world.
Do you have a conference, call for proposals, or other opportunity you think may be of interest to our blogging network? Let us know.
OAB is hosting the fourth annual Adoption Blogger Interview Project in November for National Adoption Month. Register by October 20 to be paired up with another adoption blogger for personalized interviews. It is a great chance to meet a blogger you might not yet know and perhaps gain a new audience for your writing!
UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND EVENTS
- Adoption Knowledge Affiliates conference: “Chapters in Adoption”
November 8-9 in Austin, TX
- The Adoption Policy and Reform Collaborative Conference: “Reframing the Adoption Discourse”
November 16 in St. Paul, MN
Alliance for the Study of Adoption and Culture 5th International Conference: “Adoption: Crossing Boundaries“
March 27 – 30 in Tallahassee, FL
CALLS FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Brain, Child is seeking personal essasy for their second special issue for parents of t(w)eens. They’re looking for essays that capture the unique experience of living with and raising t(w)eens. Read the submission guidelines here. Deadline: February 15, 2014.
- Literary magazine Minerva Rising is looking for reflections, stories, poems, essays, and art about that moment when everything changes: “In every life there is a turning point. A moment so tremendous, so sharp and clear that one feels as if one’s been hit in the chest, all the breath knocked out, and one knows, absolutely knows without the merest hint of a shadow of a doubt that one’s life will never be the same.” (Julia Quinn, When He Was Wicked) Deadline: December 15, 2013.
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Adoptive Families magazine is conducting its annual “cost of adoption” survey. If you are an adoptive parent whose most recent adoption was completed in 2012 or 2013, you can take the survey here.