A lot was happening at Open Adoption Bloggers this month! Here is a little roundup of all that went on around the site.
- The Best of Open Adoption Blogs 2012 were announced! Such a wonderful collection of insightful, interesting, and just plain well-written posts. Several entries were added after the list was first posted on January 4, so definitely take a look at it again–or for the first time.
- In roundtable #41, we talked about our experiences with open adoption in 2012 and how they affected our approach to openness in the new year.
- In roundtable #42, we tackled the topic of sickness and injuries in open adoption. Are we worried about sharing with others in our adoption constellation when those things happen?
- We hosted the first open adoption blog hop. Such fun! Watch for a new hop on the third Wednesday of each month.
- We kicked off an online open adoption book club! The first installment will be the children’s book, Megan’s Birthday Tree. Interested? Check out the details and register now.
- This month’s “Meet the Bloggers” interview was with adoptive mom Traathy of Happily Ever After.
- New OAB blog contributor Kat Cooley introduced herself and shared some of her initial findings about how family members in open adoptions use social media. Kat’s columns will run on the first and third Mondays of each month.
- The first “Meet, Share, Write” told us about upcoming adoption conferences and opportunities for bloggers to present workshops or see their writing published.
- Adoptive mom Meg and birth mom Monika reviewed Lifegivers: Framing the Birthparent Experience in Open Adoption by James Gritter.
- In a guest post, adoptive mom Meg also shared how reading blogs changed her mind about openness and prepared her for her son’s adoption.
CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY:
About the author:
A mother by open adoption, Heather Schade is the founder and editor of Open Adoption Bloggers. She writes at Production, Not Reproduction.